You know the phrase “it will make you or break you”? That’s pretty much how it works with job interviews. Use these do’s and don’ts to evaluate your interview mastery.
Interview Do's and Don'ts
You know the phrase “it will make you or break you”? That’s pretty much how it works with job interviews. So if you’ve gone through this section and paid close attention, use these do’s and don’ts to assess your interview mastery.
- Put out your clothes the night before
- Read up on the company before the interview
- Greet your interviewer with a firm handshake and eye contact
- Show up at least 10 minutes before your interview time
- Ask at least one question at the end of the interview
- Wear casual clothes to your interview
- Forget to come up with answers to common interview questions
- Expect to hear back immediately from your interview
- Assume that since the interview went well, you got the job
- Be offended when you’re told the company is interviewing other people
Even though an interview is just one part of getting a job, it’s essential that you kill it when you meet your potential employer. Now visit the You’re Hired! section to prep for when you land the job you want.