With LinkedIn, it’s time to build connections and look for opportunities. Are you making the right moves or breaking the rules? Assess your LinkedIn knowledge here in our do's and don'ts section.
LinkedIn Do's and Don'ts
Once you create your LinkedIn account, it’s time to build connections and look for opportunities. Are you making the right moves? Assess your LinkedIn know-how.
- Complete your profile to 100%, if possible
- Seek out recommendations from friends and co-workers
- List out all your important, relevant skills
- “Like” articles and status updates from connections
- Pay attention to privacy settings
- Choose a selfie instead of a normal headshot
- Use artsy effects to make your LinkedIn photo look cool
- Post personal messages in your news feed
- Lie about your school, past jobs or other info
- Ignore your inbox emails
If you’re already on Facebook or Twitter, mastering LinkedIn should be a snap. Just remember that with LinkedIn, “business” is the #1 purpose, so keep your personal life off the site.