Whether you’ve been to dozens of interviews or just a few, one thing is certain, you’ll start to notice a pattern. So, what are the questions that interviewers use? Take notes, because in this section, you'll learn the top 10.
Popular interview questions
Whether you’ve been to dozens of interviews or just a few, one thing is certain: You’ll start to notice a pattern. While each interview – and interviewer -- is different, the same questions will pop up again and again and again.
So, what are the questions that interviewers use to find out if you’re their #1 choice for the job? Take notes, because here are the top ten:
- How do you handle stressful situations?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- You left your last job – why?
- How do you measure success?
- Why do you want this particular job?
- What makes you different than other job candidates?
- Can you tell us how you solved a difficult problem?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Would you tell us about yourself?
If you’re stumped on how you’ll answer these questions, here’s a site that has the answers you’re looking for: Top 10 Interview Questions. You'll want to put a spin on your own answers, but it's a good starting point. Another great site which will help prepare you for interview questions can be found here: Pre-Interview Questionnaires.
Do you know how to dress for your interview? Check out our Dressing for Success page for tips on looking professional.