It’s the night before you start your new job, and you’re so nervous you can’t sleep. Don’t worry! In this section, learn how to be a great worker with these do's and don'ts.
You're hired! Do's and Don'ts
It’s the night before you start your new job, and you’re so nervous you can’t sleep. Don’t worry! You’ve made it through the tough part and now it’s time to shine. Are you ready to be a model employee? Assess yourself with these do's and don'ts:
- Observe how your new co-workers dress
- Wear clothes that fit – don’t go too small or two large
- Hide or remove nose rings or other unusual piercings
- Wear long-sleeved shirts if you have to cover tattoos
- Ask what attire or body jewelry is acceptable at your workplace
- Text or Snapchat while you’re on the clock
- Forget to wash your uniform or work clothes each day
- Neglect your hair or nails – keep them in good shape at all times
- Let being bored prevent you from doing a great job
- Forget to ask for a new task when you’ve finished your other work
When people say that 90% of a job is just showing up, they’re 90% wrong. If you want to succeed at your new job, expect to work hard and (possibly) sweat.